Dates: Monday 19 & Tuesday 20 February 2024
Time: 8.30am to 4.30pm (registration from 8.15am)
Location: Koombana Room, Level 10, Bunbury Tower, 61 Victoria Street, Bunbury
Cost: FREE Coffee/tea and morning tea is provided.
Participants will need to bring/purchase their own lunch.
Participants are encouraged to bring along their own keep cup/coffee mug.
Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention is a 2-day workshop designed for professionals and para-professionals in the human services whose roles bring them into regular contact with people at risk of suicide.
This workshop aims to help participants:
• Gain an understanding of the problem of suicide
• Identify suicide risk
• Provide a framework for risk assessment and intervention
• Develop appropriate intervention skills
• Understand the limits to confidentiality
• Understand the importance of consultation
• Gain an understanding of self-harming behaviour
• Gain an understanding of the link between mental disorders and suicidal behaviours
• Understand the importance of postvention
We acknowledge that attending a workshop that discusses suicide may bring up difficult and distressing emotions for people, especially for those who have been personally or professionally impacted by suicide. Therefore, we ask that you consider whether this is an appropriate time for you to attend a session before registering. If you are uncertain or wish to discuss further you are encouraged to contact the Gatekeeper Coordinator Education at [email protected] or Suicide Prevention Coordinators on [email protected] or 0429 229 400.